Thursday, March 27, 2008

my first thoughts






I know you're busy so I'll keep this short. I took pictures and I wrote down my first thoughts of them. I took the one with the rooster and the Starbuck's sign in Miami last week. The rooster's crow was what brought my attention to him. My first thought was, "Am I drunk?"

But then I saw a guy pick the rooster up and put in the front basket of a bicycle so then I thought, "Yeah, I'm drunk."

But then I stopped the guy in overalls, (see second picture) and found out that he was the rooster's agent, whose name was Mr. Clucky. Then he gave me a business card with Mr. Clucky's website, (Mrclucky.com) and told me that he also had a MySpace Page. At first it didn't surprise me when he told me. But then I was a little surprised that I wasn't surprised. You have to admit. A rooster with a Myspace page and an agent is pretty surprising. But I guess after living in New York, nothing is surprising anymore. Surprising. I just wanted to say the word, "surprising" again. Anyway, I guess I just thought it was weird because it's like I'm starting to see the difference between living in New York where nothing is surprising and living back in Cow Island with my momma who thinks it's surprising that Carla Montgomery (An African American newscaster) has straight hair.

She told me one day, "I have so much respect for that woman. She has white people's hair. How do you think she gets it so straight?"

I looked at her because that surprised me.

Then she asked me again, "How do you think she does it?"

I told her, "I think they sell chemicals that will straighten people's hair (I've used them myself and some are pretty impressive.)"

Then she raised her hand and said, "Well, it's none of my business."

She said the same exact thing the next night. I'm going to have to go and buy her a box of Dark and Lovely and do a demonstration on the few hairs I have left.



Now the other picture is of a Brinks truck that was in front of me at the ATM today. My first thought was, "That's weird. In the movies, they always back up to the bank and load the money in big bags. That's pretty inconvenient if they have to take it out through an ATM at a $300 limit each time. They'll never be able to fill up that truck. Oh, and I'm in a hurry. This shrimp poboy I just bought is starting to stink up my blazer (Chevy, not navy) and I want to make sure that I eat it while it's still hot because there's nothing better than a hot poboy."

So I got out of my blazer (Again, Chevy, not navy) and walked up to the truck and some guy jumped out with a bag and a key. He unlocked something on the ATM with the key and looked at me.

I asked him if he was going to be long and he said, "Probably. But there's another one in the bank."

I felt like asking him if I could just show him my ATM card and he could write my name down and give me $300. But he didn't look like he rolled that way.

Anyway, that's it. I would love to hear what your first thoughts of the pictures.

Peace, laughter and love,

Jacques

4 comments:

The Davis Girl said...

Wait...that's not you on the bike?

Jacques said...

No. That's not me on the bike.

Tony said...

I visited the website and, apparently, Mr. Clucky's agent likes overalls. I mean really likes them. More than Todd Dupont liked imitation Bailey's Irish Creme in college. I see a villain for last installment of your trilogy - Chicken Dance III, Dance Hard With A Vengence. (The agent, not Dupont)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.